The APSCE Student Wing is meant for engage and empower student volunteers in organizing student activities and building a student network both within and beyond International Conference on Computers in Education (ICCE), and providing assistance to APSCE Executive Committee (EC) operations. This may also become a platform for APSCE and ICCEs to nurture future leaders.
- The logo is made up of five abstract people, symbolizing students and student wing members.
- The five colors of the logo (blue, red, green, yellow and black) are the same as the colors of the APSCE logo.
- The overall shape of the logo is also a flower and has a dynamic rotating visual effect, it represents the vitality of the students and the spirit of progress.
Designed by: Mengyuan CHEN, APSCE Student Wing member (2018)
APSCE Student Wing Committee 2021
Chair: Patrick Ochaja (Kyoto University, Japan)
1. Kennedy LIN (National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan) – last year’s chair (Professor Fu-Yun YU)
2. Patrick OCHEJA (Kyoto University, Japan) – last year’s co-chair (Professor Hiroaki OGATA)
3. Qianru LYU (Nanyang Technological University Singapore) – Professor Wenli CHEN
4. Kensuke TAKII (Kyoto University, Japan) – Professor Hiroaki OGATA
5. Vishwas BADHE (Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India) – Professor Ramkumar RAJENDRAN
6. Christine TABLATIN (Pangasinan State University, Phillippines) – Professor Mercedes T. RODRIGO
7. Xin Pei VOON (Universiti Putra Malaysia) – Professor Wong Su LUAN
8. Zhihao CUI (The Chinese University of Hong Kong) – Professor Morris Jong and Professor Oilam NG
1) Hiroaki OGATA (Lead mentor) (Kyoto University, Japan)
2) Weiqin CHEN (Oslo Metropolitan University, Norway)
3) Tatsunori MATSUI (Waseda University, Japan)
4) Ma. Mercedes T. RODRIGO (Ateneo de Manila University, Philippines)
5) Masanori SUGIMOTO (Hokkaido University, Japan)
6) Alwyn Vwen Yen LEE (Nanyang Technological University, Singapore)
Thematic Talk 1 (13:05 – 13:50) Topic: Plan Ahead: Career Planning Tips for Ph.D. Students and Candidates Speaker: Prof. Wenli CHEN, National Institute of Education, Nanyang Technological University Singapore, NTU. Thematic Talk 2 (13:50 – 14:35) Topic: Tips for managing a research project effectively and efficiently Speaker: Prof. Ivica BOTIČKI, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing, University of Zagreb, Croatia.
APSCE Student Wing Workshops @ ICCE 2018
(27 November 2018, 1:30pm-6pm; for student participants of ICCE’18 only)
- APSCE Student Wing Workshop: Academic Survival Tips (mentors: Antonija (Tanja) MITROVIC & Fu-Yun YU)
- APSCE Student Wing Workshop: Academic Writing (speaker: Sherry Y. CHEN)
(Socializing dinner for Student Wing members and workshop attendees afterward)
Guidelines and Member Nomination Form